To book an appointment, please use the online booking tab.
ADJUSTING THE BONES
McTimoney Chiropractic is a straight forward method of adjusting the bones of your body to improve the alignment of your skeleton, and through this process help the nervous system to work more efficiently. The purpose of chiropractic care is to realign and re-balance your body to relieve pain and discomfort, and increase mobility.
Can Chiropractic help you?
A misalignment of the joints can occur for many reasons; some of the most common are incorrect lifting, car or sporting accidents, falls, stress, and poor posture. This can lead to numbness, pain, pins and needles, or restricted mobility.
The following conditions can benefit from chiropractic care:
- Back, neck and shoulder pain.
- Pain, discomfort and stiffness in joints.
- Muscular aches.
- Sports injury.
- Arthritic pain.
- Pelvic girdle pain in pregnancy
The McTimoney Method
The McTimoney method of chiropractic is well known for being precise, and a whole body approach to chiropractic care. The gentle nature of McTimoney method makes it especially suitable for people of all ages.
Chiropractic Care and Pregnancy
During pregnancy there are several physiological and endocrinogical changes in preparation for creating the environment for the developing baby. When you add the increase in weight, shift in centre of gravity and the change in biometrics, this is due to all the weight being out in front, it is no wonder that pregnant women are prone to back pain.
Lower back pain is the most common reason that pregnant women seek Chiropractic care. Headaches and migranes, mainly caused by subluxations in the cervical spine or neck, can also be treated by Chiropractic care.
Chiropractic care also has the following benefits during pregnancy:
- Maintaining a healthier pregnancy.
- Controlling symptoms of nausea.
- Reducing the time of labour and delivery.
- Relieving back, neck and joint pain.
- Can help prevent a caesarean delivery.
Many of pregnancy’s ‘side effects’ can be reduced with Chiropractic care such as lower back pain, leg cramps, mid-back pain, neck pain, headaches, and even nausea.
McTimoney Chiropractic Association of Ireland
Our Goal: “To continuously enhance our patients’ health and well-being through expert, affordable and friendly care based on the principles of chiropractic.”
What we do
- Explain any proposed treatment, including any risks involved in that treatment and any alternatives, clearly to you before you decide whether you wish to proceed.
- Explain clearly to you the difference between acute, chronic and maintenance care regimes so that you understand why we are treating you as we are and what we hope to achieve with you in treatment.
- Encourage and help you to take responsibility for your own health by advising you on various lifestyle issues when appropriate.
McTimoney Chiropractic is covered by all the major health insurers.
Provider: Gráinne Gilmartin